RCN Webmail is an email service provided by RCN, a telecommunications company that offers internet, cable TV, and home phone services. The RCN Webmail service allows users to access their email from any location with an internet connection. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide on how to use RCN Webmail, including setting up an account, logging in, composing and sending emails, managing contacts, and more.
Getting Started with RCN Webmail
- Setting up an RCN Webmail account: If you are an RCN customer, you can sign up for an RCN Webmail account by visiting the RCN website and following the instructions for setting up a new email account. You will need to provide basic information such as your name, email address, and password.
- Logging into RCN Webmail: To log into RCN Webmail, simply visit the RCN website and click on the “Webmail” link. Enter your email address and password and click on the “Sign In” button. You will be taken to your email inbox.
Composing and Sending Emails
- Compose a new email: To compose a new email, click on the “New” button in the toolbar and enter the recipient’s email address in the “To” field. You can add more recipients by clicking on the “Cc” or “Bcc” fields. Enter the subject of the email in the “Subject” field and the message in the “Message” area.
- Attach a file: To attach a file to your email, click on the “Attach” button in the toolbar. Select the file you want to attach and click on the “Open” button. The file will be added to your email as an attachment.
- Send the email: To send the email, click on the “Send” button in the toolbar. The email will be sent to the recipient’s email address.
Managing Emails and Contacts
- Organizing your inbox: You can organize your inbox by sorting emails by sender, subject, or date. You can also use filters to sort emails based on specific criteria.
- Managing your contacts: You can manage your contacts by adding new contacts, editing existing contacts, and deleting contacts. To add a new contact, click on the “Contacts” button in the toolbar and enter the contact’s information. To edit or delete a contact, select the contact and click on the “Edit” or “Delete” button.
- Searching for emails: You can search for emails by entering keywords in the search bar. The search results will display all emails that contain the keywords you entered.
- Archiving emails: To archive emails, select the emails you want to archive and click on the “Archive” button in the toolbar. Archived emails will be moved to a separate folder and will no longer appear in your inbox.
Additional Features of RCN Webmail
- Calendar: RCN Webmail also includes a calendar that you can use to schedule appointments, events, and reminders. To access the calendar, click on the “Calendar” button in the toolbar.
- Tasks: You can also use RCN Webmail to manage your tasks. To create a new task, click on the “Tasks” button in the toolbar and enter the task information. You can also set due dates and reminders for tasks.
- Settings: RCN Webmail also includes a variety of settings that you can use to customize your email experience. To access the settings, click on the “Settings” button in the toolbar.